Description of positions: http://bit.ly/BHSPAroles (tasks are subject to change from year to year, but this gives an overview)
Per the bylaws, each position on the board may be filled by two people except Treasurer.
If you are interested in running for a position as an officer or committee chair, or you’d like to join a committee, please contact BHSBucsParents@gmail.com.
2022-2023 Board and Committee Members
Co-Presidents: Susan DiGangi & Lisa Kaushik
Co-Vice Presidents: Ying Liu & Heather Thacore (new members!)
Treasurer: Robin Steele
Secretary: Dawn Kociubes
Communications Coordinator: Michelle Colasante (new member!)
Webmaster: Jenny Stewart
Fundraising: Melissa Brandt (new member!)
Boston Representative: Danita Kelley-Brewster
Hanscom Representative: Julie Frederick
Co-Chairs of the Hospitality Committee
Julie Frederick & Tatyana Yatsunov
Coordinate occasional refreshments at Principal Roundtables and enrichment programs, and plans food and refreshments for four teacher events, i.e., the Welcome Back Teacher Pizza Luncheon in the Fall, Parent-Teacher Conference Night dinner for the teachers, National Teacher Appreciation Day Lunch, and End of the Year Lunch.
Co-Chairs of All Night Graduation (ANG) Party Committee
(Co-Chairs remain in position indefinitely)
Dawn Kociubes & Leah Walton (new member!) BedfordANG@gmail.com
Plans and oversees BHS’s safe substance-free, fun-filled graduation party for seniors at the high school that runs overnight on the night of graduation.
Co-Chairs Senior Fashion Show Committee
Raeanne Brazee & Portia Blunt
Plans and oversees BHS’s fashion show where seniors model clothes from several vendors. This event is a fundraiser for the All Night Grad Party. Responsibilities include confirming the vendors and getting parent volunteers to help with getting senior models, booking their fittings, confirming the date and venue, selling tickets, and running the fabulous show.
Co-Chairs Senior Parents Send-Off (SSO) Committee
(Chair(s) always are senior parents, please email BHSParentsParty@gmail.com if you are interested.)
When seniors go to their prom, their parents get together to celebrate, reminisce, and enjoy each other’s company one last time before their kids fly the nest. Chair(s) plans the SSO Party, books the venue, and plans the food, registration, and slideshow.
Student Planner & Student Directory Committee
Chair: Jenny Stewart
Collect student and family data from the school to make a student directory; solicit ads from local businesses to help defray the cost of the directory and student planners. This job also oversees the printing of the student planner which is prepared by BHS but paid for by the BHSPA.
Comprised of 2022-2023 Officers
Publicizes open positions and plans elections.
Standing meetings on the second Thursday of each month during the school year, except for holidays. The one-hour-long meeting starts at 7:50 am in the BHS Principal’s Conference Room and is OPEN TO ALL BHS PARENTS/GUARDIANS.
PLEASE NOTE: Meetings for the 2022-2023 School Year may or may not be conducted in person or remotely via Zoom. We hope to include everyone who is interested in attending. Please email email@example.com at least 24 hours before meetings to receive the Zoom link and meeting information or location.
BHSPA officers meet with the Principal to plan and address parent concerns, and afterward, the officers have their own meeting to vote, if needed, follow up on issues raised, and plan events, strategize, and vote, as needed. Join us! If you have a concern you wish addressed, please contact any of the BHSPA Officers who will ensure that your voice is heard. BHSPA agenda and minutes are available at any time, please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like a copy of any meeting minutes.
The BHSPA’s board and committee chairs need help in their endeavors to support BHS, its students, administration, and activities. Contact BHSBucsParents@gmail.com about joining any of these positions.
- Boston/Bedford Connection Liaison:
Functions as liaisons between the BHSPA and METCO program, these parent managers will work on strengthening a welcoming community for METCO children at BHS and in Bedford. The liaison would participate in METCO meetings occasionally and organizes host families for METCO children to have a home to stay in Bedford when needed.
- School Council: The School Council is composed of the principal, four students, four faculty, four parents (2 Bedford residents, 1 Hanscom, and 1 METCO), and one community representative (at large member.) All members, other than the principal, are elected for two-year terms. The Council: (1) assists the principal in adopting educational goals for the school; (2) identifies the educational needs of students attending the school; (3) reviews the school’s annual budget; and (4) formulates a school improvement plan.
- Bedford Representatives: Election in 2022-2023
- Boston Representative: Election in 2022-2023
- Hanscom Representative: Election in 2022-2023
- Teacher Appreciation Day Coordinator: A person or small group is needed to organize this catered lunch and raffle day. The coordinator manages a Sign-Up Genius to get volunteers to provide some food items, set up/clean up help, and raffle donations. This person can be the Hospitality Chair or work independently.
- Fundraising: The school looks to the BHSPA to contribute funds towards programs for our students, especially when the school budget is tight. All funds raised go back to the school and kids. Plan and coordinate fundraising events & efforts with the Board and other volunteers. The busiest time is in August, September, and October.
Don’t see something here but still want to help? We’d love to hear from you!